Whether you’re shopping for your boyfriend, your girlfriend, or your best friend, our favourite Victoria shops have just the thing you need. From gifts that say ‘You’re mine’ to trinkets that say ‘Hey, you’re cool’ our local shopping guide is here to inspire. We might just treat ourselves…
- The Pyrrha Soul Mates Talisman Necklace ($162) signifies eternal bond. Available at Violette (1303 Government St.).
- Leah Alexandra Jewelry Spark Studs ($70) are handmade in Vancouver. Available at Violette (1303 Government St).
- The Tanner Goods Notebook Set ($22) for the budding novelist. Available at Still Life (550 & 560 Johnson St.).
- Get intimate with the Emma Lace Bralette ($74). Available at Knickers Lingerie Boutique (561 Johnson St.).
- Pamper someone with the Grown Alchemist Amenity Kit: Lip Balm, Hand Cream & Hydra-Repair Day Cream ($40). Available at Still Life (550 & 560 Johnson St.).
- For him or her, the Daniel Wellington Sheffield Watch ($295). Available at Still Life (550 & 560 Johnson St.).
- For your favourite gem, the Meridien Earrings ($82). Available at Little Gold (560 Johnson St.).
- Feeling cheeky? Give the Explorer’s Press Hard to Love Lapel Pin ($8). Available at Still Life (550 & 560 Johnson St.).
- Say Good Morning Beautiful with spritz ($28). Available at Picot Collective (2000 Fernwood Rd.).
- Wild Heart Body Butter ($30) is handmade in Vancouver by Harlow Skin Co. Available at Picot Collective (2000 Fernwood Rd.).
For more advice on how to navigate the day for lovers like a pro, check out do250 where the amazing Melissa MacFarland of State of the Heart has curated the ultimate guide to Valentine’s Day. xo
Here’s a friday fave dedicated to some little things that are kinda related to love, and stuff.
1. Maybe you’re in love with a Darling. Maybe your best is a Darling. Most likely, you’re a Darling. This beautiful quarterly magazine defines ‘the art if being a woman’ in a way foreign to glossy magazines. 2. The best little things come in the form of simple, gold rings. This one from Vale Jewelry is our top pick right now. 3. Hartland Brooklyn cards are a-dorable. Find them online or at Milkman’s Daughter. 4. A black heart by Banquet Atelier for the dark side of your loved one. Available at Violette. 5. The History of ‘Loving’ to Read by The New Yorker.
Psst. Darling and Vale Jewelry are both sold at Violette.
Guys, summer’s here.
1. We’ve pretty much vowed to never do a juice cleanse (seriously, it’s in writing) but the ma-luxe ladies have us reconsidering. Check out their review of the Vancouver-based Juice Truck and you too may be swayed. 2. This hat is a fair-skinned girl‘s best friend. And we don’t want to hear the ‘I look terrible in all hats’ moan – this cap is the universal exception. 3. You live for Fol Epi‘s bread and you lust for their pane chocolate, but have you had their organic soft serve vanilla bean ice cream in a fresh waffle cone? They’re serving ’em up all summer long! 4. Bangles, bangles, bangles. Leah Alexandra has all your summer (not to mention, fall, winter and spring) jewelry essentials. We can’t get enough of her bright, happy colours. Available online or in Victoria at Violette Boutique. 5. It’s important to stay hydrated on that sunny patio. These fruit ice cubes will jazz up that water (or gin, or vodka…)
We first spotted Elea Hilliard’s sassy jewelry at our favourite little charm shop, Belljar. We were immediately drawn to the Jessie necklace, which at first glance looked sweet and unassuming. Upon closer inspection we learned that the delicate pendants actually read “f” and “u” in braille. We loved it a little more, then.
An ex-fashion editor, Elea started Covet+Keep Jewelry for the woman who “loves her life, wears her confidence, and is unapologetically herself”. A celebration of women and their deep-rooted and unwavering friendships, the local designer’s first line is aptly named That’s My Girl. The charming pieces display discreet braille messages like, “I’m not sorry”, “when you’re bad you’re better” and “this too shall pass”. We covet them all, but we think the Dana necklace makes the perfect gift for your right-hand woman. A grown-up take on the classic BFF necklace, the Dana set comes in two pieces – “best” + “bitches”.
Covet + Keep pieces can be found in Victoria at Belljar, Reunion Boutique, and Hive Hair. Not from these parts? Covet + Keep is also sold in Vancouver, Calgary, Regina, Toronto, St. John’s and, of course, online.
Go ahead, be bad.